Valentine's Day is once again upon us. After doing an Insta Story on some crazy gifts we have all received for Valentine's Day, we realized a couple of things: 1. most of us have been "let down" 2. most of us have no clue what to buy.
Once, Sandi received a hand sander for a Valentine's Day, so we asked our Insta friends to share some of their worst gifts. One woman got a mop bucket, another a Pilgram Barbie (and she didn't even collect Barbie dolls). Our favorite was the husband who bought his wife 3X lingerie because she had "put on a little weight" when she said in reality she was only a size medium/large!
When my husband and I were first married, we lived paycheck to paycheck. We struggled to buy groceries and certainly didn't have the extra money to buy gifts for each other. We agreed to exchange cards only. I did not want my husband to feel bad about not getting me something so I downplayed gifts, especially flowers. Leading up to Valentine's Day, I kept telling my husband that I thought flowers were such a cop-out because no thought whatsoever was put into picking up a phone and ordering an arrangement. I went on to tell him that flowers just died anyway, so I couldn't understand why anyone would waste their money on them. I had no idea that he had saved money and already ordered a dozen roses to be delivered to my work. When I received my beautiful vase of roses on Valentine's Day, I felt horrible about belittling his surprise.
My point is, whatever the gift is, the giver is probably proud as punch to be giving it to you, so take it with glee. However, if you are just a teeny bit disappointed, we have got your back. We compiled a gift guide of items under $100 that WE LOVE. Maybe you don't have a special someone to buy for you. Maybe you do have a special someone but that special someone buys sucky gifts. Maybe you just want more. If you do not receive exactly what you want this Valentine's Day or you anticipate disappointment already, you can choose from the items WE LOVE, and make your day just a little bit brighter!
Happy Valentine's Day!
P.S. Those Brach's Conversation Hearts go on clearance soon!
1. These Sole Society Delilah sandals have the perfect block heel and height. They come in several colors and can be dressed up or down. We love this shoe!
2. This Amped fleece throw blanket from Urban Outfitters is our favorite throw! This, too, comes in several colors and will be your favorite blanket to cozy up beneath.
3. We are loving Kendra Scott's new spring line. These Alice drop earrings are some of our favorites!
4. Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum is the bomb! Sandi got me hooked on this fragrance several years ago, and men love it, too!
5. Who doesn't love some stylish, inexpensive shades? These Vivienne black smoke lenses by Quay will make you look like a fashionable princess.
6. This popular Sole Society Bryson cross body bag is not only trendy but also cute and less than $50!
7. How cute are these tortoise Tory Burch logo colorblock studs? Every girl needs a little Tory in her life.
8. Jo Malone fragrances are our all time favorite! Wood Sage and Sea Salt is sexy, but any of the scents can be mixed together. You will love Jo Malone!