The Two Home Girls
Thanks for stopping by The Spoiled Home! We’re Sandi and Shalia, the two friends behind the blog. We became friends several years ago when Sandi became Shalia’s hairstylist. We quickly learned that we shared many of the same values and interests, namely home décor. We helped each other decorate each other’s houses and decided to share our passion with others. So, in 2015, @thespoiledhome was officially born when Sandi showed up at Shalia’s house and started taking pictures!
Thank you for joining @thespoiledhome. We hope you find inspiration, tips, a few good laughs, or just a diversion from whatever it is you should be doing.
Meet Sandi and Shalia
I’m Sandi, one half of The Spoiled Home. Before I started in the design world, I was a hairstylist for 10 years, and that’s how I met Shalia when she became my client. The first time I did her hair, she told me that I better not mess it up, and we have been friends ever since. I have been married to my husband Rob since 1999. We have 2 children, Jonathan and Libby.
- I used to want to be a professional roller blader
- I have 5 tattoos and hate them all but 1; listen to your parents and don’t get them
- I’m a horrible organizer, so don’t open a drawer or closet in my house
- I’m nervous around babies, and I think they sense it
- I’m Native American (Seminole, Creek, and Choctaw)
- I was raised conservatively; my dad is a preacher, and I wasn’t allowed to go to the movies growing up. I did not go to a movie theater until I was married. Now I’m addicted.
- I met my husband when I was 15. When I was 18, I decided to move in with him (my 1 rebellious act), but that only lasted a day, and I moved back home
- I moved back home for these reasons: no car, no phone, no fridge, no furniture (we didn’t think that one through)
- If I make up my mind to do something, I do it; I even ran a marathon!
I’m Shalia, the other half of The Spoiled Home. After teaching middle and high school English for 29 years and coaching track, cross country, and cheer for 10 of those years, I retired as an educator in 2019. My husband Randy and I have been married since 1987, after getting engaged on our 3rd date. He is the funniest person I know, and he makes me laugh every day. I have always loved home décor and fashion, and Sandi was the first person I’d ever met who was as crazily obsessed as I was. Born and raised in Oklahoma, I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a B.S. in secondary education in 1990. My husband and I have 3 children: Casady and her husband Bennett; Lexi and her husband Keaton; and a son Cale. We also have two of the sweetest grand babies: Harlow and Cannon.
- Both my dad and uncle played football at Oklahoma State University
- I am a whiz at word puzzles and begged my friend to tryout with me for Wheel of Fortune College Week; he got on the show and won big money, and I didn’t
- My son Cale’s name is made up of the 1st two letters of each of his sister’s names: Casady and Lexi
- I have run 3 marathons; 1 of them was with Sandi
- I get up before 5:00 A.M. almost every single day