The Two Home Girls
Thanks for stopping by The Spoiled Home! We’re Sandi and Shalia, the two friends behind the blog. We’re business partners from Oklahoma who not only blog together but also work together. We became friends over ten years ago when Sandi became Shalia’s hairstylist. We quickly learned that we shared many of the same values and interests, namely home décor. We helped each other decorate each other’s houses and decided to share our passion with others. So, in 2015, @thespoiledhome was officially born when Sandi showed up at Shalia’s house and started taking pictures!
Today, you will find us working together as designers when we aren’t busy being wives and moms. We are so thankful to have each other because, honestly, we need each other on this blogging journey.
Thank you for joining @thespoiledhome. We hope you find inspiration, tips, a few good laughs, or just a diversion from whatever it is you should be doing.
I’m Sandi, one half of The Spoiled Home. I live in Oklahoma and create visual displays and designs at Urban Farmhouse Designs with Shalia. Before I started in the design world, I was a hairstylist for 10 years, and that’s how I met Shalia when she became my client. The first time I did her hair, she told me that I better not mess it up, and we have been friends ever since. I have been married to my husband Rob for 17 years. We have 2 children, Jonathan and Libby.
- I used to want to be a professional roller blader
- I have 5 tattoos and hate them all but 1; listen to your parents and don’t get them
- I’m a horrible organizer, so don’t open a drawer or closet in my house
- I’m nervous around babies, and I think they sense it
- I’m Native American (Seminole, Creek, and Choctaw)
- I was raised conservatively; my dad is a preacher, and I wasn’t allowed to go to the movies growing up. I did not go to a movie theater until I was married. Now I’m addicted.
- I met my husband when I was 15. When I was 18, I decided to move in with him (my 1 rebellious act), but that only lasted a day, and I moved back home
- I moved back home for these reasons: no car, no phone, no fridge, no furniture (we didn’t think that one through)
- I’m a fast talker, literally
- If I make up my mind to do something, I do it; I even ran a marathon!
I’m Shalia, the other half of The Spoiled Home. By day, I am a high school English teacher who just can’t let that part of my life go, so I am semi-retired. I also work part-time with Sandi as a Creative Designer. My husband Randy and I have been married since 1987, after getting engaged on our 3rd date. He is the funniest person I know, and he makes me laugh every day. I have always loved home décor and fashion, and Sandi was the first person I’d ever met who was as crazily obsessed as I was. Born and raised in Oklahoma, I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a B.S. in secondary education in 1990. My husband and I have 3 children: Casady and her husband Bennett; Lexi and her husband Keaton; and a son Cale.
- Both my dad and uncle played football at Oklahoma State University; it was easier to ask my dad if I could get married at 19 than it was to ask if I could attend his rival school the University of Oklahoma
- I am a whiz at word puzzles and begged my friend to tryout with me for Wheel of Fortune College Week; he got on the show and won big money, and I didn’t
- My son Cale’s name is made up of the 1st two letters of each of his sister’s names: Casady and Lexi
- I have run 3 marathons; 1 of them was with Sandi
- I have been told that I can talk people into anything
- I get up before 6:00 A.M. almost every single day
- I’m so competitive that I used to have competitions with myself—like to see how quickly I could work a jigsaw puzzle