Looking for something to warm you up this winter? This quick and easy Pozole soup recipe will do the trick! Pozole means “hominy” and is a traditional soup or stew in Mexico.
Pozole…The Perfect Fall RecipeJump to Recipe
There are so many great cooks in my family, and I do not pretend to be one of them. It’s not that I don’t like cooking, it’s just that my husband loves it so much, I just let him take over. I hope to share some of his best recipes in the future.
For now, I am sharing my friend Diane’s recipe for Pozole. She gave me this recipe years ago, and it continues to be a family favorite. I hope you enjoy it!
Pozole Soup Recipe
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Pounds Cubed Pork
- 1 Large, OR 3 Small Cans Hominy
- 4 Teaspoons Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1, Large Carton Chicken Brith
- 1 Whole Rotisserie chicken, deboned.
- Chili powder to taste.
- Saute onions, garlic, and pork.
- Add the chicken broth, oregano, salt, chicken, and hominy.
- Sprinkle in the chili powder to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or heat thoroughly. That's it!
- Garnish Pozole with tortilla chips, avocado slices, and grated cheese. We also like to sprinkle cayenne pepper on our soup for a little added spice. I hope you enjoy it!